Home Services About Us FAQ Contact Us

Q. How do we obtain a Marriage License in California?

A. To obtain a marriage license, which is valid for 90 days, by law both parties must appear together to complete the application and pay the required fee, which is $70 for a public license and $70 for a confidential license. Payments can be made in cash or by check or money order made payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk or RRCC. If paying by check, valid identification i.e. driver's license of the signer is required and must be presented at time of request.

Both parties must be present together and produce "Proof of Identity" and age documents, such as a driver's license, passport or alien resident card. Photo and age verification is mandatory. A birth certificate or baptismal record may be presented along with a picture form identification. All documents must be in English. Documents in any other language must be submitted with an English translation by a certified translator. Documents that have expired will not be accepted.

A blood test and health certificate are not required to obtain a marriage license. There is no residence or citizenship status requirement. Parties must be unmarried. A previous marriage is valid until the final date of dissolution. Written proof of a divorce or the dissolution of a previous marriage is required, if the event occurred within the last two years or less. If the final dissolution was more than two years, written proof may not be required, but the date of the final dissolution must be provided at the same time the license is requested. To complete your marriage license request online and pick it up in person at the Clerk's office, click on the following link: https://lavote.net/SECURED/MARRIAGE/mrglicense.asp.

Q. How do we make our Marriage Legal?

A. Your marriage license is ONLY an authorization to Marry. To make it legally binding, you still need to Solemnize your marriage (have a ceremony). You must have your ceremony within 90 days from the date of the license issuance. Contact Rev. Ogannes as soon as you have your License issued at 818-634-9289 or by email RevOgannes@IDoWithYou.com to perform your ceremony, sign and file your Marriage license to make it Legal!

Note: Rev. Ogannes can perform your Marriage ceremony ANYWHERE in California, including Los Angeles County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County and all others. After you get your Marriage License from the County Clerk's office, Then call us to make it Warm, Memorable and Legal!

Q. Can We add our own wedding Traditions into the Ceremony?

A. You sure can and Rev. Ogannes encourages you to do so. He will work with you personally to make sure your every wish to make your Ceremony Perfect is done and done elegantly and respectfully. All traditions are welcome.This is your Special Day!

Q. What do I need to do to change my name legally after we are Married?

A. If you choose, you will be able to change your "last name" on your Marriage license when you apply. After the ceremony, Rev. Ogannes will file your Marriage License promptly with the City Clerk's office. Thereafter you will need to request an official certified copy of your Marriage license from that office to take with you to change your name on your Driver's License , Bank, Real Estate, Insurance, Credit Cards and all other documents. You can handle almost all changes on your own, but if you do need help, you can get a name change kit at www.BrideKit.com


Home    |   Services    |   About Us    |   FAQ    |   Contact Us
Copyright 2009 I Do With You